Animal Birth Control of Broward County
Animal Birth Control of Broward County is an organization that helps offset spay and neuter costs for foster caregivers and cat owners to help them to sterilize their pets.
Please donate what you can to a great organization:
Ignoring the problem of animal birth control has allowed hundreds of thousands of stray cats to continue to breed in Broward County. These cats live hard lives. They do not get fed or petted. The do not receive love. They are infested with fleas and other parasites. The are injured or killed by cars. They are hungry.
Please help stop the suffering. There are 7 cats born every day for one human. There will never be enough homes for all the cats that are born unless there is some kind of intervention. We need people that care. Please contribute whatever you can.
- On April 30, a cat was hit by a car in front of my house. She made it to my carport where she passed away.
- I noticed that the cat had been nursing.
- A neighbor walked by and I told him that there was a litter of kittens somewhere in the neighorhood that was going to be hungry.
- The kittens were found by another neighbor 2 days later.
- He brought one to my door and told me that the litter had been found.
- I told him to bring them all over and I would take care of them.
- I fed them formula for about a week.
- Tipper, the kitten on the left, would not eat with his siblings.
- I nursed Tipper with a syringe until he started to eat with the others.
- He was by far the smallest in the litter
- He got stronger and soon caught up to his siblings.
- They all got healthy and strong.
- Soon they were big enough to get fixed.
- I wasn't planning on keeping them, so I looked for fostering agencies that would spay and neuter them at little or no cost.
- I found an organization that would cover the cost.
- It was my option to make a donation.
- I told my contact at Animal Birth Control for Broward that rather than give a donation, I would raise money on my website.
- When I took the 5 kittens to the vet, 2 of them were not big enough to do the surgery.
- I realized that Tipper was one of the kittens that made weight.
- The smallest, hand feed baby had surpassed 2 of his siblings in weight!
- I started the task of finding homes for them.
- With little persuasion, I was left with my 2 favorites.
- Maggie and Tipper are now my pride and joy.
- Had it not been for a chain of events, orchestrated perfectly by the Universe, they would not be with me today.
- Finding Animal Birth Control for Broward was a miricle for me and the kittens.
- There are over 300,000 stray cats in Broward County.
- Each day, about 70,000 puppies and kittens are born in the United States. As compared to approximately 10,000 humans born each day, with birth rates this high, there will never be enough homes for these animals.
- It is estimated that approximately 3.7 million animals were euthanized in the nation’s shelters in 2008.
- All dogs and cats must be spayed and neutered to reduce the number of animals that are euthanized every day.
- Shelters are so overpopulated that contageouse diseases infect almost all the animals that are surrendered.
- Animal Birth Control for Broward is and organization that does not kill.
- Animal Birth Control for Broward humanely offsets the cost of sterilizing cats to reduce the number of cats that are euthanized.
- The cost to taxpayers to euthanize animals in the US is 2 billion dollars every year.
- Please help stop the useless waste of innocent lives and US tax dollars that could be used for something worth while.
- Small donations add up to helping people take care of animals just like I did.
- Animals live healthier lives after they are spayed or neutered.
- The litter of kittens I fostered was very lucky.
- If they had been surrendered to a shelter they would have probably been euthanized.
- Your donations can help stop the suffering of the overpopulation of cats in Broward County.
- How can you possibly pass up this wonderful opportunity to do something extraordinary.
- We need your help.
- Please donate what you can.
- Use the handy 'donate' button below. 100% of the money will be donated to Animal Birth Control for Broward. Animal Birth Control for Broward 850 Washington Street Hollywood, FL 33019 954-927-0197